Data Loss/Leakage Prevention
Line of Defense against Data Loss
Control over your data.
Those who value data protection highly have three primari options:
Include, encrypt, or restrict usage. DLP aims to lock in or prevent unwanted data (out)flows. This is optimal if there is a high level of control over the IT environment.
Data is very likely one of your company’s most valuable assets. Information protection is a must-have in the digital age and is crucial for a secure course of business. Many companies have suffered millions of dollars in direct and indirect costs in recent years as a result of data leaks. Brands and companies have suffered losses in reputation and concrete value. Stricter regulations are increasingly required, with rising costs in the area of data protection as a consequence. Most data losses are unintentional and can be attributed to the careless and negligent actions of individual employees.
Potentially dangerous situations are:
- Home offices that are not technically secure
- Loss of USB sticks with sensitive data
- Loss of company laptops
- Non-permitted, cross-border data transfers
- Internal “Chinese walls” that “cover up” data theft
- Violation of regulations and laws in various jurisdictions
- Decreasing inhibition thresholds with long-term handling of sensitive data
- Reputational damage when data breaches become known
Experience teaches us that a good DLP solution includes the protection of all critical data, covers all relevant channels, is closely aligned with business processes and roles, and minimizes the total cost of ownership. Qualification and quantification of the actual situation allows an informed decision!
The analysis results in a hazard map that indicates special “hot” zones. Such a hazard map helps:
- to identify sensitive and mission-critical data and data flows;
- perform a risk triage of the leakage vectors;
- determine the degree of automation of the DLP system based on the size and type of data to be protected.
Based on the analysis, an appropriate DLP solution is defined. We are based on the world’s leading DLP products (Symantec/Broadcom, McAfee, Forcepoint, Proofpoint, Microsoft DLP) and our extensions (e3 DLP addons). The goal is customized protection at the lowest possible operating costs.
Over more than ten years, e3 has had the privilege of advising and supporting medium and large companies in their DLP initiatives. We have the largest team of specialists in Europe and the most comprehensive DLP expertise for any size of organization.
e3 DLP solutions allow an appropriate response to relevant DLP challenges. Close alignment with processes and roles is the recipe for success for optimal data security at the lowest possible cost through:
- appropriate protection of relevant data
- the right level of automation of protection mechanisms and processes
- Balanced, controlled risks
- functioning decentralized incident management models
- Investment-protecting extension scenarios for the cloud
- Supportive involvement of all employees
- tried-and-tested models without reinventing the “wheel”
- Integration into an active community
- diverse tuning options for the best possible search patterns or Policies
Experience and ability make all the difference!
Since 2010, Thomas has covered all aspects of DLP in over 50 projects. He is one of the world’s most experienced and leading DLP experts. Thomas Fürling is also the ideal first contact for addressing the topic in general.
Are you interested in talking to Thomas?
Leading DLP expert in Switzerland and Europe. In most DLP initiatives, he takes care of the initial consultation and then sets up the optimal project setup together with the customer.
Contact our experts
You are not logged in. Sign up to get in touch with our experts: